CARING FOR YOUR CANDLE 💖

LIT scented candles are small batch hand-poured candles. Although every effort is made to ensure there is a high standard of consistency and aesthetics, each candle has been individually handcrafted so there may be some variances. We use 100% pure soy wax and therefore you may notice small blemishes on the surface or side of your candles. This is not a fault and will not impact on the quality or burn of the candle. 

To get the most out of your LIT candles, follow these simple steps below:

The first time you use your candle, burn it long enough for the wax to melt right to the edges of the glass. Depending on the size of the candle, this may vary from 1-3hrs. This creates what is known as “candle memory” and prevents tunnelling.

Always use common sense when burning a candle. Keep it out of reach of small hands and pets, do not attempt to move a candle whilst in use, always use on a flat surface, keep away from drafts/wind, and never leave it unattended.

Do not burn for longer than 4hrs at a time. Your candle will not only become very hot, but prolonged burning can also reduce your fragrance during future use. 

Before relighting your candle, ensure it has cooled and hardened completely. Always trim the end of your wick to 0.5-1cm before each use to prevent smoking and ensure a clean burn pool.

Keep out of direct sunlight, as this prevents damage and discolouration to the wax.

If you are left with a black sooty substance at the rim of your jar, wipe it away with a damp cloth (after the candle has cooled and set completely) and ensure you keep your wick trimmed.

Do not continue to burn a candle with less than 1cm of wax in the base

 

LIT does not accept responsibility for any damage caused as a result of the misuse of its products.